View Single Post
Old 18-09-17, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcar73 View Post
,................... The Met. Police MAY grant a licence to use its corporate image but they demand to see the script beforehand and if they approve of it will grant permission and demand a hefty fee for doing so. Failure to comply will result in a threat of legal action for infringing their intellectual property rights...................

Dave.
"Been there".
Some years ago whilst based abroad I bought a sea-going inflatable for an Australian charity for use in a multi-national triathlon event.
Via a colleague in my home force I requested an image of the force crest to be emailed to me so that it could be used as a stencil design to be painted on the vessel along with the force name.
The charity would put an entry about the force & place a link on their web site to the the force site
The (civilian) lady in charge of the relevant department advised that it would cost a few thousand quid for the crest to be be used & that to use it without making payment would result in legal action being taken.
I didn't feel like paying an additional few thou to the force in order to persuade them to accept good, free PR so the vessel was named after a colleague's daughter instead.

Irrelevant rant over. Almost. Can't see it'd have happened if a copper'd been the person making the decision.