View Single Post
Old 15-04-08, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Owen View Post
I really like that one. The lugs and curved feathers on both levels are typical of a genuine WW2 era badge. The voided crown is well done and I believe that this is a maker's variation. There were lots of para bns and the k/c badge was worn well into the 1950s if not longer. Mine has a solid crown but that makes no differnce. Para badges get very emotive in some circles and people get very excited about the exact location of the lugs and whether it is lugged or slidered but I can absolutley nothing wrong with that badge.

I would be very happy with that one in my collection.

Alan
Cheers Alan I like it too esp as the lot only cost a tenner , at one point thought the badge might have been a collar from the position of the lugs when I recieved a picture of the back but on comparison to the shoulder title I felt reassured on bidding.

Don't suppose you could add anything on the originality of the shoulder title which came with it?

Does anyone know when and why brass ones were worn at this date (must confess I do not own a copy of Westlake)? As the buttons are kosher along with the badge I'd be tempted to say its a small original contempoary lot although the brass titles do bend very easily.

Luke