View Single Post
Old 13-01-23, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin 17 View Post
David,

I collect pre-WW1 full, and some undress, uniforms. Have a full 17th Lancers sgts uniform and over 100 others in various stages of completion. My latest is a 2nd Life Guards circa 1910 helmet tunic and shoulder belt. I have the breast and back plates too but have to strengthen the stand to hold it. I have a 2nd Dragoon Guards, 2nd Dragoons, 5 or so Hussars and a 5th Lancers uniform that needs a helmet. I have Artillery and Infantry and a ton of Yeomanry. Also have a Staff Colonels full dress that I'm very proud of. Most of it is in storage right now as I have my 92-year-old mother living with me and she takes up the space that they once did!
Hello Colin,

It sounds like you a very interesting collection! Second to my interest in dragoon style helmets is the remainder of the uniform, like you, full dress though iy is not something I collect. I would love to see pictures of what you have both complete and in the works. I have a complete Queen Elizabeth II Blues and Royals troopers' uniform of which I display the helmet, cuirass, and pouch and pouch belt. I also have an 1881 1st Lifeguards officers' helmet and pouch and pouch belt, a 2nd Dragoon Guards trumpeter's helmet, an officer's helmet to the 5th Dragoon Guards along with the named storage tin, a helmet to Princess Louises Canadian Dragoon Guards and as you have seen, the new 3rd Dragoon Guards helmet... among all the others... pictures attached... would enjoy seeing pictures of your collection...

Regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B&R1.jpg (39.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg X display4.jpg (36.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2DG2.jpg (39.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Fife7.jpg (55.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRenderStafforHampshire1 (2).jpg (83.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg X display2.jpg (52.3 KB, 10 views)