View Single Post
Old 14-09-17, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bess55 View Post
No, you cant correlate the two obviously as there are many anodised buttons made with Kings Crown etc, that never had an anodised badge to go with it.

However, if we think that the 9th Lancers wore the anodised collar with a usual metal cap badge then fine. If anyone can put flesh on those bones it would be interesting. Ditto for the 12L.

My point was - as the suspicion is that the anodised 9L is 'fake' then to go to the lengths of 'faking' a collar is unusual and may tend to make us view the cap badge in a less spurious light.

So are we saying the 9L collars are good? If they are, then that would clear up that question.
Hi Bess,

If I remember the order of changing from non-AA to AA was first buttons followed by collars and then badges. This was not a 100% rule but can be viewed as a general approach to the transfer of one metal form to the other.

Although I ignored collars in my work on A/A cap badges I am currently going through the ADC meeting minutes from the original WODC meetings to current day. Problem is that I don't have a lot of time at the moment but I will look out for 9th and 12th Lancers items to see if collars were authorised.

Hopefully I have not already passed such information.

Regards,

Chris