View Single Post
Old 17-11-14, 06:40 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

Hi BC

Sorry to take a while to get back on this one, and I have since come across this photo whilst searching on line for other info.

First things first, this colour patch was not on the museums chart but Dr Google provided the answer, It states that it is/was 5th Divisional Ammunition Column, Royal Field Artillery, that should be Royal Australian Artillery.

Re the small out line around the colour patch, my suggestion is as follows.

The battle dress jacket is of the first pattern with a waist belt and a tounge and buckle. The toung and buckle were later done away with.

However, the origonal jackets had flat 4 hole buttons. This jacket has domed metal buttons, so its a later jacket.

The jacket shows 4 service chevrons on the right sleeve, however this is a brand new jacket, it hasnt seen 4 years hard service on the western front.

Therefore I'd say that the badges have been taken off an origonal jacket and attached to a new jacket for display purposes and when the colour patch was taken off, the sleeve was cut rather than the badge being unstitched and this gives it a border, as its clearly a WW 1 vintage uniform.

l hope that this helps, keep the discussion going.

Regards

Phil.