Thread: Footy!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-21, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_vee View Post
Not good to be beaten on penalties but had mixed feelings about a couple of things.

Rashford should have just taken a 'normal' penalty , his 'stutter' run and 'pause' before kicking may be the latest tactic/trick but as the rules on keepers moving off the line before the ball is kicked was brought in I feel the rules on players trying to get the keeper to move before they kick the ball is also unfair. This isn't aimed at any specific player.

Also , some of the England team immediately removing their medals as soon as they were placed round their necks was unsportsman like and disrespectful.

I'm not really a football fan/follower but there are areas of the game I'd like to see changed.

1. Respect for referee : Crowding the ref to get a decision , not acceptable in Rugby so shouldn't be allowed in football. Any dissent - yellow card !

2. Yellow Card : Bring in the 10 minute 'sin bin' , players would be less likely to "take one for the team" (or dive !) if it could result in them being binned.

3. Off side : Any "clear" off sides should be immediately flagged , allowing play to continue could result in a player being tackled/injured needlessly.

Just my opinions but would stop a lot of the unprofessional behaviour that has become the norm nowadays.

Totally agree Mike. Rugby (both codes), is a much more exciting game to both watch and play than “the other type of football “. Far greater respect and sportsmanship all round and neither the fans nor the players behave like spoiled children

PL