View Single Post
Old 13-04-10, 06:18 PM

Default Sale of David Faris' Factory

Whilst this may be taking things slightly off subject with this thread, though following on from mine and btns last postings a little - it would seem that David Faris got into financial difficulties, and was forced to put his works in Warstone Parade and Alfred Street up for auction. Here’s part of the relevant notice for the sale that took place on 11 April 1894 from The Birmingham Daily Post of March that year:

Presumably Gaunts bought the factory at the auction, though we would probably need to do further research to confirm this. Interestingly things would seem to have taken their toll on David Faris, as he looks to have died quite suddenly at the beginning of September 1894 in Dublin. Anyway, I also have something on the 1912 fire, but will post that up to the other thread.

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 14-04-10 at 09:12 AM.