View Single Post
Old 26-01-17, 03:35 AM

Default Badges...But Not...!

Hi Gents,

No idea if this will be an interesting thread or not but I wanted to give it a go, as it's an area that I feel is quite possibly a fascinating topic.

What am I talking about I hear you ask? Well I'm referring to badges that are and were never meant to be worn, or possible converted into another use. Often these are 'trench art' but sometimes (like my examples here) not.

I only have one example to share and have actually posted this before but thought it a good example to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

This little box was a gift and refers to the Hong Kong Plague Of 1894 & The 1st Battalion The King's Shropshire Light Infantry. The 'badge' on the front is specifically (hand) made and is not converted. It is a good example of a badge or perhaps more correctly some 'insignia' that was used to create an association (in this case to the KSLI) but was never an actual badge meant to be worn.

Okay, I'm going on a bit now but I think you get the idea.

So if anyone has similar example of a 'badge' that is not actually or was never intended to be worn as a badge, then I for one would be interested in seeing it.

Cheerio,

Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C.jpg (56.9 KB, 67 views)

Despatch Rider Insignia & Photographs.

Author/Dealer in the Fairbairn Sykes Fighting Knife
My website: www.fsknife.com

Last edited by Roy; 26-01-17 at 04:29 AM.