View Single Post
Old 23-03-21, 04:25 PM

Hi Shirley,

You are free to use the photograph, I have attached two photographs for you;

The first illustrating the Dicing (official naming) the colours are in this case Red, White and Dark Green dicing. The boys Glengarry would appear to be Fawn in colour and I have no idea what colours the dicing would be. However, if there is a Canadian connection then it should be quite easy to research they have excellent records.

The second photograph is from my Regimental Museum, King's Own Scottish Borderers, at The Barracks, Berwick-Upon-Tweed, to illustrate the Dicing on different headdress, also show the Grey uniform cloth on the Home Service Prussian Style Helmet in the centre, it was worn by the Border Rifle Volunteers and corresponds with the colour of their uniform tunics.

I would say that the boys are dressed in some sort of military style uniform the jackets and trousers appear Naval which may have been obtain off the shelf as naval recruits started a lot younger than the Army at their training collages so that would fit, on the headdress I still feel that they have come from a Militia unit either in the UK or Canada who emulated a lot of the Scottish Regiments in their Armed Forces.
Kind regards
Hiram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dicing.jpg (50.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2052.jpg (39.1 KB, 18 views)