View Single Post
Old 14-01-21, 04:44 PM

Default King's Own Scottish Borderers Sweetheart Brooch

This may be of interest to Sweetheart Brooch Collectors in the future and could be referred to for authentication should one ever come up in the open market.

This Sweetheart Brooch in solid Silver was Commissioned in 1987 by the WO's, C/Sgt's and Sgt Mess King's Own Scottish Borderers.

I was PMC of the Mess at the time and contacted Garrard Jewellers of London, when we were stationed in Brook Bks Berlin. A mould was made (Pictured although a bit wear and tear having been in my kit bag for a few decades) and sent to the Mess members for approval.

We commissioned 50 to be made and to be number stamped, as you can see my good lady received number 3, in hindsight I maybe should have taken Number 25) Nevertheless, and hall marked also visible, you will not that the badge has the King's Crown, again this may be of historical interest to the collector.
The post 1952 Cap Badge of the regiment unfortunately was never made in OR's design white metal with the detail afforded to the King's Crown pre 1952 Cap badge white metal, to that end it was agreed that a KC pre 1952 OR's Cap Badge would be sent for Garrard to construct our Sweetheart Brooch.
Kind regards
Hiram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Family 16.jpg (72.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Family 17.jpg (60.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Family 18.jpg (69.0 KB, 29 views)