View Single Post
Old 22-01-22, 11:35 PM
kingsley kingsley is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 885

No idea at all what SEC might stand for. A bugle badge like this usually indicates a Rifle Vols regiment anywhere in the British Empire after 1860 and were made in a variety of sizes and die variations.
Does the badge in the photo have a QVC?
Really fascinating to see the cap badge facing to the right because one of these was illustrated in Grebert's book on pre-federation Australian colonial badges, described as Melbourne Rifles 1864. I do have a facing pair.
An oxidised king's crown version was sold recently on Ebay.
I would be interested in any comments on the attached scans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WMbugle.jpg (68.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg bugletrades.jpg (42.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg KCbugle.jpg (48.3 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by kingsley; 22-01-22 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote