View Single Post
Old 30-10-14, 03:52 AM

I reread this entire thread which was started in 2008 and what stood out was how little I knew about collecting in my early stages...I was truly a rookie.

Thankfully, since my original posting my knowledge base has expanded considerably for the Chaudière, this is in large part to many great conversations and insights gleamed from fellow collectors, some great reference material I have purchased (plug to Service Publications as many have been purchased here), sourcing archival documents from the LAC and the Chaudière Museum and having some great conversations with surviving Chaudière veterans.

I am by no means an expert for the Chaudière, but seeing how I have evolved from when I initially joined this Forum to now I am thankful for the patience and help many here and elsewhere have provided...it is a testament to what many continually espouse "invest in good research resources". It has definitely helped prevent me from making some bad purchases.

What keeps me engaged for collecting and researching the Chaudière has been on learning as much as I could for the memory of my Grandfather and what he did during the SWW. This has been one powerful motivator and is a big passion in my life!

Mike