View Single Post
Old 07-07-14, 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

Default Unofficial commissions, copies and fakes

It's my intention to show the small number of incorrect a/a badges that I own. I bought them all for less than £6 (less the Hants) but certain dealers still flog them for a lot. lot more. I will show photos of fronts and backs and explain whether they are:

a. Factory error; others recorded here: http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...actory+hussars
b. Unofficial commission of a genuine badge design.
c. Out and out fake that was never made in a/a.
d. Made but never worn by the regiment.

If any one can post similar photos of the fake ones I am missing ( SWB, Suffolks for eg) then I will update the thread. I will pin this to the thread as a reference and as such will remove all other posts in due course but please comment during its assembly.

The authority for these badges is Chris' book. There are other publications but they are unreliable and one is down right wrong.

it's up to the individual collector whether to include these badges in their collection or not. I have a few that I have paid very little for but I would counsel against paying some exorbitant prices being asked online and at auction for a badge that was never worn. I have not included badges made for cadets (such as the Bucks Bn made solely for cadets) or the plethora of badges (such as the SAS) made for collectors by Gaunt Bham and others.

Copied from previous thread:

An unofficial commission of a parachute regt badge that was not authorised for production.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Para - KC, Reverse.jpg (77.1 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg Para - KC.jpg (87.7 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by Alan O; 08-04-16 at 05:16 PM.