View Single Post
Old 14-11-13, 09:18 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Fatherofthree;238755][QUOTE=Charlie585;238745]Gentlemen,

Having now corresponded with Andy on this matter it is evident to me that his post in my sales thread was nothing more than an inadvertent error and my subsequent posts were an over reaction.

In light of Andy's public apology to me, I in return now publicly apologise to him for the content of my posts which were not acceptable and I retract my generalisation that items on his website are over priced. I am sorry!

Below is an extract from an email that I sent to Andy upon learning that he had in fact made an apology to me for his error. This I hope will be an end to the matter, it is not the first time I have had to eat humble pie due to my participation on the forum, I hope it will be the last!

Quote:
Dear Andy,

It is with great regret that I find us once again at odds with each other over what has transpired on the forum in recent days.

I have learned from another forum friend that you made an apology to me within the thread in question, which I have not seen due to the deletion by the moderators of the posts in question.

Had I seen your post I would in all likelihood have accepted that your post offering the badge was in fact no more than an inadvertent error of timing and publicly accepted your apology, this would most likely have deterred others from posting and inflaming the situation and I am sorry that didn’t happen.

I also accept that the content of my second post was nothing less than childish but it was written in the heat of the moment and I admit to being spurred on by the PMs I received from other members that were in agreement with the sentiment I had expressed in my previous post. That said, I was the one who wrote the subsequent post and for that I apologise.

My biggest regret is that I have upset Dave Cutforth, a man who has been a good friend to us both. It seems that what may have been another storm in a tea cup has blown up out of proportion and it seems due to your comment in the subsequent thread that the matter may yet escalate which is a very unfortunate situation.

Nice one Ry.

That makes abundantly clearly the true nature of the man that you are.

Well done mate.

Got any RB badges for sale mate.

Regards

Brian
Thanks Brian for your kind words,

As for having RB badges for sale, all of them will most likely be put up for sale in the not too distant future as all things considered I have decided like Dave to hang up my spurs and finally move on.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the friends I made through the forum including yourself, for the good times, their knowledge and their generosity.

It has been in the main an enjoyable rollercoaster ride since I joined the forum and started participating seriously in the hobby but it has now run its course.

I will continue to visit and read what is going on for the time being but I intend this to be my last public post.

Good luck to all and long may you take enjoyment from the hobby and the forum.

Ry