View Single Post
Old 10-06-13, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbear View Post
Hi Jerry & Ry

Thanks for the replies, very helpful! So basically if I want to add RE TRFs that would be worn by RE divers to my collection I need to collect all RE TRFs? Hmm me thinks maybe I'm gonna need to build an extension!

Regards

Tony
Not a definitive answer but maybe I should point out that the Divers Helmet badge (SW - Shallow Water/Shark Wrestler, Helmet by itself is the higher grade - can't remember the criteria) is a Qualification Badge, same as Commando insignia or Para wings.
Diver qualified personnel are entitled to wear the badge even if they are not primarily employed in that role. RE being a Corps in which personnel may sometimes move from one Regt/Sqn to another, the TRF may change but the qualification badges are usually worn.

There is a maximum number of badges that can be worn so some guys do have a hard time choosing which to omit, Para, Cdo, Diver, EOD etc!

Regards, Paddy

Seem to recall that the curved 'Royal Engineers' shoulder title was retained specifically by 32 Armoured Regt RE and had a '32' underneath it in the 90s