View Single Post
Old 20-11-17, 11:28 AM

Default Army Apprentice College, Harrogate Plaid Brooch

Dear Friends.

Not sure if this has answered my question about the Army Apprentice College Plaid Brooch as worn by John McKay back in 1968.

But have to day received a photo that throws an entry on my little web site out of the window.

I have received the attached photo of a Clan Grant Plaid Brooch (That I have not seen before.) as worn by the Pipe Major of the Junior Leaders Regiment Royal Signals Pipe Band between 1962 and 1965. Definitely a Clan Grant Plaid Brooch with the burning tree and the motto Stand Fast on the circlet.

The burning tree looks very similar to the centre of the Harrogate plaid brooch. Still not sure though. Comments please.

What it has done is made a clearing mistake in my little web site. The Clan Grant I show for being the JLR Gant Plaid is really the more up to date Gurkha Siganls Pipe Band Plaid Brooch. Now I look at my site, the Plaid Brooch as worn by the Senior Pipe Sergeant Rod Mathieson in the black and white photo that I show really is the brooch sent to me in the photo of today.

Will now have to alter my site. I have attached photos that may be of interest to some members of the Forum regarding this Thread.

Best wishes

Chris Walker
www.signalsbadges.co.uk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JLR Clan Grant Plaid Brooch 1965.jpg (106.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Harrogate%20Piper%20circa%201968%20(1).jpg (40.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Senior Pipe Sergeant Rod Mathieson.jpg (40.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Gurkha%20Signals%20Plaid%20Brooch.jpg (50.5 KB, 18 views)