View Single Post
Old 27-03-11, 08:37 PM

Bonsoir,

First, thank you to all for your interest in a such thread.

My main theme beeing Vietnam war uniforms, I'm really in "put together" shirts and jungle jackets. Spotting warmocks and new insignias added by unscrupulous dealers sharpened my eyes (even it's always possible to have painful surprise).

I could be wrong but this set sounds good for me: I got it for more or less 15 £ and far from collectors and gun shows. Trousers and jacket 've been heavily tailored to fit the corporal and are iron in the same way (starched). The two insignias have still starched on.
On the other side of the left sleeve, there is a shade difference due to the sun discoloration, between the places where the insignias are sewn or not. In fact, the 63rd Bde was first on the jacket and later displaced when the 28th has been added. An other patch was sewn on the right sleeve but for a very short time, according to the discoloration.

I know two brigades patches are illogic so perhaps a souvenir jacket or an individual assignment (detached from the 63rd to the 28th), who knows...

Thank you

Valery