View Single Post
Old 14-01-19, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc14 View Post
Depending on when you graduated, he probably commanded your graduation parade (he commanded both his own graduation parade and the one before that). When he graduated he was awarded The Master of Signals Award for the best all round apprentice. The College RSM was a chap by the name of Sammy Connor from the Irish Guards and the College Commandant was a chap with the unusual name of Colonel Ultan Ryan !

PL
He didnt,Chris Griffin commanded mine. As far as im aware nobody has heard a word from him since.
There was a guy who i served with,he did over 30 years. Im not sure if hes still in or just finished Dougie Eaglesham.
Paddy Connor and Ultan Ryan were both there when i was there. They were replaced by Lionel Bailey and a chap called Verdon ex Ulster Rifles i think. Paddy Connor came to our last Sqn reunion.
They tried to stop the more than 1 term as A/T RSM. I recall the late Dave Richards should have had it for 2 terms,he only had 1. But it could be very political, when i left the RSM was from my Sqn,as were the majority of leavers. He wasnt the best guy for the job.