View Single Post
Old 27-02-09, 06:29 PM

Here is a doc from the Canadian Signal Training Centre dated 8 Mar 46 where they are saying that the current badge (attached = RC Signals) is cheap and insignificant. They suggest a new badge, the single line words in full version so it is clear to me any 1945 proposal was not accepted. The minute on the bottom indicates that none should be acquired without an official pattern so it seems they were not in use. (See first three images). Also there is correspondence from Sep 47 reference trying to get a sample to the IB for sealing. The final minute on the bottom says it was returned to IB on 31 Mar 48. (Image 4).

So, what to make of all this? One take is that the Corps wasn't happy with the RC Signals short title and wanted to move to the single line spelled out version. In the mean time there was a Army wide CAO for the two line words in full version that could well have derailed the desires of the Corps. After only six years in use the Corps' wishes seem to have prevailed when the single line version was adopted in/about 1954. A second take is that the Corps went directly from the RC Signals version to the single line spelled out version although, based on my archives research this didn't happen until years after the war (about 47/48). Separate from this was a two line version used for the CAPF as suggested by Bill's research although why the CAPF would wear something different from any one else is beyond me since there is nothing CAPF-ish about the two line version. (Bill, does that file have actual samples?)

I love a good mystery.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6979.jpg (46.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6980.jpg (49.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6981.jpg (36.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6983.jpg (51.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Joe C; 27-02-09 at 07:00 PM.