View Single Post
Old 01-01-17, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill A View Post
Interesting mix of MGC insignia. One gunner has the wide banner badge, at least two have the narrow banner pattern, and at least two have the imperial pattern cap badge. The collars appear to be the maple leaf pattern with the cross Vickers.
To narrow down the time period more, note the gunner on the left (bottom) side of the image is wearing a division patch with the MG arrow device imposed. Those patches were not introduced until the re-organization of the MG Corps in the Canadian Corps in February 1918.
Thank you Bill- that is what I found interesting about this photo was that there were two of each soldier wearing one of three types of badges. Made me wonder if they were different countries- Canada and Great Britain or three different regiments all Canadian. Though it does look like the collar badges are the same, only the cap badges are different.
I did find the Division Patch in the 'Distinguishing Patches of Canadian Units'- unfortunately cannot tell what the colors are. But thinking either 3rd or 4th Battalion? Thank you also for the timing- helping to put this into family timeline.