View Single Post
Old 30-10-18, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

The England mark was used in the 1970s often with those distinctively shaped lozenge sliders. I have been told by a well known dealer that they are contemporary to WW2 and 'NAAFI' badges but this is a big fat fib to justify selling them as genuine.

These sliders were recorded as fakes in the 1970's by Laurie Archer whose notes are available on this forum.

The dies themselves are very likely to be original ones that were re-used to make restrikes.

There are about a half of the badges that are copies including the Worcs Hussars, Westmoreland yeo, 3rd Kings Own Hussars, Paddington Rifles, Royal Hampshires, Cyclist Corps, Royal Norfolks, Connaught Rangers, Hereford LI, Oxford UOTC cavalry section, 21st lancers, 9th lancers - (hate the bars), Loyal Suffolk Hussars, 14th Bn YCV Shamrock.

If they were mine then I would not sell these as original either: South Staffs, CCG, London Irish, Bi-metal Worcs Hussars, SASC, Royal Guernsey, 16th Lancers, Scots Greys (looks modern), 12th Lancers (looks modern) 3rd Carbineers (looks modern), Leicestershire, Beds Yeomanry eagle,

Alan

Last edited by Alan O; 30-10-18 at 10:38 AM.