View Single Post
Old 24-01-16, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain View Post
Mike. Somewhere i have the answer to the Lancashire PWV in writing if i can find it i will post it. But yes they did wear a collar badge as cap badge .

Iain
Hi Iain,

It may be in my book:

"...Due to administrative and supply difficulties is was not unknown for regular units to wear, as an interim measure, anodised aluminium collar badges in place of anodised aluminium cap badges. Examples documented in Appendix 4 - Authorised Cap Badges include The Duke of Edinburgh’s Royal Regiment (Berkshire and Wiltshire), The King’s Regiment, The South Lancashire Regiment (Prince of Wales’s Volunteers). Such a practice also extended to those cadet force units that were affiliated to The Royal Anglian Regiment and this is recorded in the 244th Meeting of the Army Dress Committee, held on 17th December 1979. The Committee had agreed that the battalions of The Royal Anglian Regiment were to wear new design anodised aluminium collar badges instead of the currently worn collar badges of The Royal Anglian Regiment..."

Iain, appendices 1, 2, 3b 4 goes into more details of both small and large A/A cap badges together, in appendix 4, with the OFFICIAL authorisation by the Army Dress Committee of the A/A cap badge replacing the collar badge which was being used in the cap.

Regards,

Chris