View Single Post
Old 16-06-20, 08:17 AM

Default Help ID Regiment and Date Photo

Morning All,

I'm hoping people can help throw some light on this photo, it was in the back of the paybook Terry (Home Guard) was asking for help on.

The lady's father was was in the Duke of Connaught's Battalion pre WW1 and at first that was who we thought this might be however now I have seen this clearer photo I really don't think it is.

Terry had originally thought this could be her husband during WW2, I'm starting to lean that way now as well however we know nothing about him other than his name and that they married in 1973.

Can anyone throw light on the unit based on the shoulder title and other badges, dating it would be a big help as well?

If anyone knows about medals they may also be able to help ID the ribbons, are they WW1 or WW2?

Her father was in the Duke of Connaught's for about 10 years and then joined the RFA in 1915, could this be her father in a WW2 home guard uniform wearing a long service medal then his WW1 pair? I don't think it will be as he would have been in his 60's by WW2 but I'm just throwing ideas around.

Thanks for the help.

Michael and Terry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Woodger Photo altered.jpg (17.9 KB, 56 views)