View Single Post
Old 16-08-08, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
I dont know if these have been covered before, but I have examples of both the 51st Highland and 52nd Lowland Brigade/Volunteers badges where the saltire cross is chromed metal and the rest of badge is anodised.

In the Lowland badge illustrated the metal of the cross is attracted to a magnet .

I have always understood that these were NCO`s badges but I stand to be corrected if anyone has different information.

I dont know if these should properly be described as anodised badges or not.

P.B.
Hi 8th Foot and Mike,

Again, this has been on my mind for some time and it looks like a good time to open this particular can of worms in regard to anodised aluminium badges that have a multi-part body made of different materials.

I am going to start a new thread on these items with requests for further information if anyone has these badges made in all aluminium so that they can remain in their current places on the web pages. I will try and start the new thread today or possibly tomorrow.

I have been drafting a 'Hybrid' chapter which will contain these multi-material badges.

Mike, I believe that at one stage you had some photos of an enamelled Hampshire Regiment badge that had an anodised aluminium wreath.

Can you please resend?

Regards

Chris