View Single Post
Old 19-05-19, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiko View Post
Thanks Mark. I just saw this, I must have missed it. I'll be grabbing a copy of your books.
Akiko,

No problem, I'm glad the information helped.

BTW, I believe there are about 3 copies of the ('Revised') edition of Volume 1 left. So, if you are looking for the matching pair of volumes, it might be best to get in touch with me directly. Once the current listings on eBay are sold, we will have a few copies of volume 2 left and then the books will be out of print until we prepare further editions.

BTW, I have noticed one dealer selling a (signed) first edition of Volume 1, rather than the current 'Revised' Edition. That would probably appeal to 1st Edition collectors generally, rather than just militaria collectors. Nevertheless, you could get another shot at a copy of Vol 1 there, if needs be.

On the other hand, if you only want Volume 2... there's probably enough copies in stock with us (or with a couple of dealers and at the AWM) to last until Christmas. Time will tell of course.

In due course, I expect we will see photocopied versions of Vol 1 for sale, just as you see of Alfred Festberg's works for sale on eBay from time to time. Interestingly, you rarely see photocopies of Jeff Cossum's books for sale on line. Although, they can be found at militaria fairs... as 'old hands' and dealers copy their originals and sell them and write their price and availability notes on their copied versions.

In due course, the same will probably happen to Volume 2... at least until new editions are completed and released. Nevertheless, we are currently working on two new Volumes (for 1901 through to 1952), so there will be a 'conflict' in our writing priorities for some time I think. I expect that it may well be several years before we revisit Vols 1 and 2 again. As for a simple re-print (if the market asks for one)... well I'm personally not in favour of going down that path. So, unless we've overlooked some important problem, I think that would be an unlikely course.

Having said all of that, good luck with your collecting!

Mark Corcoran
https://charliebravobooks.com/
Co Author of: “Metal Uniform Embellishments of the Australian Army” Post 1953 (the 'QEII' era)
Vol 1: Insignia for Corps and Schools Etc and
Vol 2: Insignia for Units and Regiments.