View Single Post
Old 05-04-22, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh kitchen View Post
The Fusilier Brigade wore collar badges of the same design as the cap badge, and the St George and dragon within crowned wreath button design, the button giving way to the R Warks Crown, royal garter and antelope design after the R Warks joined the Brigade.
As with the cap badge, there's a slight difference in appearance between the Fus Bde and RRF era collar badges due to different dies being used.
I've not heard of the RNF, R Warks, RF and LF collar badges continuing in wear by the regular battalions of the four Regiments within the Brigade but can't state with certainty that they weren't.

These images were posted on another site some years ago.

Edit: image of collar dogs added, earlier pattern on the lef (acquired during the 1970's while I was in 1 RRF), later pattern (issued to me in November 1972 at Dept The Queen's Division) on the right.
The differences aren't very obvious in the photo, but the left hand badge has a slightly larger and deeper flame pattern and the gap between ball and flame is slightly taller than the other.
Best photographic proof I've ever seen. These a/a Antelopes were utterly unknown until the early years of this century; enquiries at the museum (where I'm a friend) reveals no knowledge of their having been made for any reunion - the veterans I meet all wear metal Bobbies - so all I know is this was made without authorisation. They are nicely made, and have never been "official". Paying £50 for one is bonkers.