View Single Post
Old 08-07-16, 05:42 PM

If this were not so serious, quite frankly, I'd be tempted to laugh out loud, but, I'm certainly not a Nazi apologist and I have no time whatsoever for the complete and utter numpties that are.

I'm staggered that anyone would think that a commander is not responsible for the men under his particular command, perhaps you think that Hitler was not a war criminal either, after all, he did not pull the trigger himself did he?

The reality was that members of the 7th Panzer Division behaved in a most appalling manner in May 1940, as admitted by Rommel himself.
As a small boy, I well remember talking to a gentleman in Hangest who saw French colonial soldiers being killed by the roadside, during that campaign, I remember the tears on his cheeks as he spoke to me, in English, oddly enough, do you seriously think he was a bloody liar?
If so, perhaps you would and clearly should speak to the French Government, there is ample evidence which includes photographic evidence in the ECPArmees in Paris, the Bundesarchiv in Koblenz and the National Archives in Washington.

I posted a simple image of Bernard Montgomery, in addition, I made a comment about his height, I am struggling to understand how we have gone from him to Nazi's and members of the German Army, clearly the two have little in common, other than Montgomery fought against them in two wars.

Last edited by Frank Kelley; 08-07-16 at 06:04 PM.