View Single Post
Old 29-07-11, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thfoot View Post
Great that a lot of the old regimental cap badges are still being worn by cadets and in the case of Liverpool University OTC the badge of the Kings Liverpools.

I also find the changes in affiliations to be most interesting, no mention of the affiliation to the London Scottish on the school website.

Its is a pity that cadet unit affiliations stopped being shown in the Army List as did the list of officers of the CCF.

Westminster City School CCF is listed in the September 1964 Army List ( see attached ) but no officers listed.

The question now is which KRRC badge is now worn ?

P.B.
The plot thickens. The books show the Westminster School OTC badge, as does K&K. Interestingly the website linked by PeterJ mentions the QWR which would make sense as their HQ during the WW1 period was a few hundred yards away from the school and would make the drilling at the RGJ Hall in Fulham logical, but when I was there the cadets wore the Tam O' Shanter of the London Scottish, an equally close Regiment.

For JohnG, I was a scout at the 40th later 2nd Fulham at Parson Green but went to WCS in Victoria.