View Single Post
Old 31-05-20, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesters View Post
Toby,

I didnt say I didnt believe you I just asked to see photographic evidence of them in use which you stated exists.

Personally I have never seen such photographs.

If you concede the WM versions are spurious then it follows the GM versions are too because they are identical and appeared on the market at the same time.

They have been made for 50 years in both metals, are available in numbers far higher than the total number of Instructors that ever existed and can be found with loops and with sliders.

They are prolific.

One can be found in virtually every provincial 'militaria' auction' in the same quantity as cloth SAS cap badges as well as ebay and the less knowledgable militaria dealers website.

regards
Very few of the photos that I was able to examine have ever been released to the public domain so of course you're not going to have "seen them" in wear yourself. Do an internet search and the few photos you will find are squad photos that belonged to students, mostly of sergeants. I've already conceded (twice) that there are a great many reproductions. There's nothing unusual about that given that old dies were sold off and many badges are industrially reproduced in India and Pakistan. I leave you to your beliefs, but it does not mean that I cannot post and explain my experiences. According to the recently published corps history the badge with large crown was introduced in 1907, when at the same time shoulder titles changed from worsted to gilding metal.

Last edited by Toby Purcell; 31-05-20 at 06:16 PM.