View Single Post
Old 11-01-20, 03:50 PM

I am often surprised at the anomalies one sees on the forum, questions raised, physical evidence, photographic evidence etc etc. Though NOT my field, the previous post reminds me of when conscripted into the RAF in 1959, I was of course thrown a bundle clothing and equipment along with a little roll of numbered tape (your service number) and told to get on with it! At my first “inspection” parade, I was screamed at by the W/O, “You’ve got the wrong badge on there Laddie” and told to go to the stores and purchase a correct one. On doing so, I was alerted to the fact that my hat badge should have had the “Queen’s” crown on it. The first “Camp photo” of me then shows me wearing an earlier “King’s” crown badge!. A right good scam the store “Wallah” had there at I think 1/6d a time! More than a small pack of “Weights” at that time! D.J. Incidentally, the same thing happened when I mustered into the R.A. In 1963, I’ve shown that badge to someone on the forum earlier, King’s crown, Lugs and a slider!. D.J.

Last edited by Artynut; 11-01-20 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Additional final sentence.