View Single Post
Old 29-06-20, 02:48 PM

Fully agree with you Simon. All these are dodgy. I was watching them yesterday. The Burma Police badge is probably the best of the lot, but again a copy. The original in white metal which I have has a heavy pin fitting. I was keen to see what the Burma Railway Police would make. I am 100 percent certain it's a copy but I thought I would take it as a keepsake if I could get it around 30ish. Some poor sod has paid a lot of money for this. A similar badge sold a few years for nearly 200. There was another brand new looking piece with Castle Militaria a couple of years ago and I asked Lew and he said it was silver plate. Another battered badge sold for around the same figure on ebay with another regular seller of colonial badges. A lot of dodgy Indian badges coming up of late. I only posted last week about all these white metal badges which look as good as new which at least I'm sure are copies..
Really sad for the hobby and which is why I'm not buying badges these days unless I'm absolutely certain they're good.
It's a shame really and takes the joy out of collecting