View Single Post
Old 01-02-20, 09:07 AM
Member 2010-21- Rest in Peace

Smile

Hi Sapper

No I doubt it as the 2 motto panels are part of the die struck badge, Ie its all struck in one piece. The Mottos are attached to both the sides of the feather bases and the under side of the coronet like the ones on the smaller collar badge.

I would think that they were cut off some how rather than broken off as the points where they attach would show signs of where they had been and not be "regular" as they appear to be.

If you go into one of the better dealers sites, maybe Dead Spartan or the Quartermaster and use the 2nd search box on the top left, type in 10th Hussars or 12th Lancers and hit go, this will bring up everything they have or have sold for these regiments and scroll down looking for the Arm Badge, on thinking about it the Quartermaster has better photos especially of the back of the badges. Try it and see how you go and you will see what Im talking about. Also don't forget yours only have 2 lugs north and south where as all the ones I have, have 3 lugs as per my last post.

Good luck

Phil.