View Single Post
Old 22-01-09, 09:20 PM

Many thanks to Paul, Jeanpit and Chris for the latest replies to my posting.

Yes you’re right Paul I am learning what a minefield badge collecting can be (military pun excused!). I think I do need to do more reading on the subject too, as well as searching the Forum. I did see something about the shapes of the braze/sweat holes having some significance so perhaps that’s one thing I could look into more.

I have actually been looking for another examples Jeanpit, and the gentleman whom I bought the first badge from has now kindly got hold of this one for me:

As this one does have the braze/sweat holes on the back I’m much more confident it’s an earlier badge, but it’s still not as stocky as the one in your collection. The style is fairly simple, and the tiger’s face doesn’t look as realistic as it is in my first example, so fingers crossed I’ve got one from the Great War this time?

Now we also have more examples, courtesy of Chris, it’s all helping me to build up a better picture of the different variations and styles that are around. Thanks again to you all.

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 20-06-09 at 01:45 PM.