View Single Post
Old 21-02-09, 06:20 PM
Former Member

Default Guards Machine Gun Battalion - Quiz!!!

Gentlemen and Ladies, as I'm sure there are some Lady collectors out there too (that is ladies who collect badges and not Gentlemen who collect ladies).

This Thread is intended as a bit of fun and also may prove of use to those who (until now) thought they had a Genuine Guards Machine Gun Battalion badge in their collection!

The Guards MG Bn was formed in 1916 and although only around for about 2 years there seems to be an abundance of badges on the market (most of which are copies).

Below is a picture which contains 6 Gds MG Bn Cap Stars (badges), which if any are Pukka genuine items and which are "Chippy" repros? I will post a reply with my solution in the form of an album within the next day or so, until then please study the images, at least one is Genuine. Please do not ask to see the backs as this will come with the reply post!

All for now! - Andy

p.s.

(Guards headdress badges based on stars are known as "Cap Stars" not badges and Guards Officers wear rank Stars not pips! Pips are what you find in oranges and similar citrus fruits)

(Chippy is a term used by Guardsman when refering to something that is NOT Guards)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 21 Feb 09 006.jpg (47.6 KB, 393 views)