View Single Post
Old 29-08-20, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardog View Post
Interested, would of loved 'No Bull' but could not justify it as outside my time frame, but I could go for this one if at the sort of price mentioned. Be good to get to grips with what is in use now, and your standards of illustration set the bar. Please contact if published. Regards, Paul.
Hi Wardog,

The costs involved in 'No Bull' were quite considerable including publishing software, cameras and lenses, trips from NZ to UK and within UK itself, advertising, web site - I could go on and on. Getting items for photographing from UK to NZ and having them shipped via international courier both ways due to the values involved often cost the price of a single copy and the 45quid shipping from NZ to UK did not help although this was mitigated to some extent when I managed to ship a pallet load to my UK helper for UK only sales.

Oddly the biggest buyers were from the USA selling more books there than UK and rest of world combined. This time it will be more of a UK thing without any direct advertising working on word of mouth. I may possibly sell on eBay and Amazon although these days to sell on Amason is expensive and very difficult. Note that I will have books for the Oz collectors even though I do not envisage a high number of copies printed with around 150 being my preference at the moment.

Pricing is a lot cheaper as mentioned as the initial purchase of software and gear does not occur a second time around and I am hoping to print in UK which will certainly curtail postage costs. I have not had to travel to obtain official info either.

Still, working with the printer but I am optimistic on a result there and hope to get this all sorted before Christmas.

Were have we heard that before...

Chris