View Single Post
Old 05-04-20, 05:19 PM

Default 2nd Gurkha Rifles - boss help required

It has been my long term aim to put together a frame for each of the 10 Gurkha Regiments in British Service pre 1947. My problem is that I can never hope to get an example of every badge ever worn as there are too many locally made variants or theatre produced badges that continue to emerge on to the market that were "not recorded". So I have resolved to instead put together a comprehensive frame rather than a fully exhaustive one - however there are still badges that elude me that are recorded in the Museum's books on the insignia and I can't bring myself to commit to a frame knowing they are definitely "out there". For example this is my "mock display" to the 2GR - however there is a boss badge worn 1911>1930 that is quite different to the other 2GR bosses in that the POW feathers are bronze and look very much like the O/R's cap badge with upright feathers. There's an example shown in Nath's Sowars and Sepoys - and it's also shown in the Museum's book on the 2GR - but I've never seen one - if any forum member can help I'd be very grateful - top price paid of course. Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN7209.jpg (39.7 KB, 60 views)