View Single Post
Old 20-07-21, 10:22 PM

Location: A Yorkshireman in exile 'Up North' and an ‘Honorary Smoggie’.

Quite a few nice OWS badges appearing on eBay of late and all attracting high bidding. I have been staggered at how some people are bidding above dealer prices. I had a go at one badge but the bidding was monopolised by two bidders hell bent on being the winning bidder…I watched on in sheer disbelief. I then went to a dealer site and bought a beautiful example of the same badge with free postage at a price lower than the final bids on eBay. It seems people no longer do their research and cling to the belief “it’s on eBay and so it must be cheaper”.
The badge that you refer to dumdum was twice the price of the beautiful gold hall marked munitions badge (1916) for the La Bassee munitions factory in Scotland….engraved with the name of its owner/ recipient and dated 11/11/18, it must have been produced as a tribute badge and was a stunner and went for over £200. A nice one presently on a dealer site for £240 (oh, I wish I was rich!)The logic escapes me!
Cheers
James