Thread: Welsh, perhaps?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-21, 12:44 AM

Default Welsh, perhaps?

Good day all. I've acquired a mixed bag of estate military odds and ends. Most of it is easily identifiable and I nailed down the things I'd not encountered before with basic research. BUT! I have a real "head-scratcher" on my hands. No Google search phraseology or change in description leads me to any sort of identification or any leads or hints on where to go, hence my request to you lot.
As you'll note from the pics, it seems to me to be a Welsh griffin of some sort. I doubt it's military as there's not a single letter or number of any sort on the thing. Even the construction is odd, being a brass plated lead badge. The six pin attachment system looks similar to the type used on the old domed felt "bobby" style helmets that were in vogue in the early 20th. century hereabouts. I'm all at sea on this one and can't even confirm it's British. Any insights or thoughts would be most appreciated or even (hope against hope) a positive identification. Perhaps a band or organization insignia? In short gentlemen, HELP! Thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2314.jpg (92.0 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2315.jpg (61.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2316.jpg (55.6 KB, 37 views)