View Single Post
Old 08-04-22, 12:21 PM

Edit: image of collar dogs added, earlier pattern on the lef (acquired during the 1970's while I was in 1 RRF), later pattern (issued to me in November 1972 at Dept The Queen's Division) on the right.
The differences aren't very obvious in the photo, but the left hand badge has a slightly larger and deeper flame pattern and the gap between ball and flame is slightly taller than the other.[/QUOTE]

Leigh
I've been selling a small bag of RRF collars that came my way, on eBay bit by bit and was down to my last 3 pairs. Though I could pair them pretty easily I actually hadn't noticed there was a significant difference in shape or at least I hadn't known the significance of any difference. What a relief, of the 3 pairs left, one pair seems to fit the early 'Brigade' type with the bigger gap between ball and flame and has the motif fixed by wire tabs.

Now that you've really got me paying attention at last, I note the 'ball' is also significantly deeper. Hopefully these side shots may show it. (Deeper on on left).

Thanks Leigh for bringing that to my attention, I can now add a pair of early collars to my wire looped Brigade badge.
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4713[1].jpg (23.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4714[1].jpg (21.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by dubaiguy; 08-04-22 at 12:36 PM.