View Single Post
Old 07-04-22, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ticker' Riley View Post
Hi Chris

I wanted to thank you for starting up what is a most interesting thread, and how impressed I am by your assessment of the different flame patterns of these badges. I am also grateful for the contributions from Leigh, Bess and Tim, especially Tim for posting up his badges as well. In fact, looking at his and yours, I think I am right, at least when it comes to the early ones with wire loops/lugs, in that Tim’s first badge here has the same pattern as your second one here, and his second badge here is the same as your first one here, though I’d obviously appreciate confirmation of this? I also wondered if you had managed to find any matches for these variants with marked examples, so as to attribute makers? The “Unique 'Sealed Pattern' Cap Badge of the Fusilier Brigade 16.9 1966” on ‘The Lanes Armoury’ site is also extremely interesting, and quite a find!

Best regards

Martin

P.S. That’s a very impressive collection you have there Tim, all nicely displayed, so thank for sharing this.
Glad you found the thread interesting Martin.
You're correct with the badges as you said regarding being the same with mine and Tim's.
I don't think there are any marked Brigade badges, but I'll happily stand corrected.
Cheers
Chris

Last edited by 3dg; 07-04-22 at 09:07 PM.