View Single Post
Old 02-04-22, 10:29 AM

Default Royal Warwicks Anodised Aluminium badges

As an addendum to my previous post, looking at Robert Leigh’s ‘Dead Spartan Militaria’ site last night I see he too as a “Royal Warwickshire Regiment staybright cap badge” for £65, but also what is described as a “A super scarce probable trial pattern gold and silver anodised aluminium example” for £135! This might well be the case, but sadly the photos are blurred so it’s not possible to see the detail here or determine if this is the same makers’ variant or not; though it looks like it may well be the Gaunt one.

As I mentioned before, I’d be glad to see one of these Royal Warwicks A/A badges “with a fake ‘Smith & Wright’ mark to slider” that Chris Marsh mentioned, if anyone has one please? I’d also appreciate it if some kind soul could tell me exactly when the Warwicks stopped wearing, what I assume, in the absence of a genuine anodised aluminium badge, would have been the bi-metal Antelope? Thank you.

Regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 02-04-22 at 11:21 AM. Reason: getting links to work