Thread: RFC Metal Wing
View Single Post
Old 25-06-19, 04:09 PM

Following up on the initial post in this thread*, I picked up another identical example of this style of RFC wing from a recent British Auction House. Flight Badges of the Allied Nations 1914-1918 (2016) by Robert Pandis is an excellent and detailed book which covers the many variations of this wing. On page 27, they refer to this Jennens (J&Co) bronze wing as being the third Fattorini design variation due to the wear marks on the die.
Both these examples match the size and weight of the example on page 27 in the book. What isn’t clear to me is exactly when these were produced. Perhaps others have some information on this?
Photos show the front and back of this recent purchase and another showing my two examples (most recent on bottom and on the right).

*Correction: I actually meant to attach this to the following Thread but a similar topic in both.
https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ad.php?t=49573
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RFC front.jpg (40.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg RFC wing reverse and pin.jpg (82.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg RFC wing reverse center.jpg (94.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg RFC metal wings, Jennens, J&Co, 3rd Fattorini design.jpg (52.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg RFC centers.jpg (91.7 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by zorgon; 25-06-19 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Added reference to correct link