View Single Post
Old 13-10-12, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynation View Post
Hello Gents, im back again for more help with idents on boonie badges - any help much appreciated!

1... Attachment 70804

2... Attachment 70805

3... Attachment 70806

i suspect one of them is the Brockville Rifles,
You may want to take a look at the Canadian Post 1953 Project. If you look through it, you might get a feel for the look of combat cap badges compared to regimental badges and at the same time, see that it is a great resource for identifying Canadian badges without the expense of purchasing a reference book that somebody has taken the time and expense to write.
The Post 1920 project is well worth a look as many Canadian badge designs have not changed much over 90 years.

Can we call truce on the "mud slinging"? I've never heard the field cap/bush cap called a "boonie hat" during my 25+ years in the CF. I have heard it called the "cap, ridiculous" by some of my superiors. If I used that term, nobody would know what I was talking about. In my experience "boonie hat" is an American term, and with no disrespect to our American cousins, one of the things that distinguishes our two nations is our use of the English language. Use the Canadian expression. When I made the error of using an American expression, a veteran collector/soldier once corrected me, we have units, the Americans have outfits. Lesson learned.
Ed has put a great deal of work over the years into his research, particularly in the areas of field uniforms and equipment and people have benefitted from that research, including members of this forum.

Phil

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Last edited by Phillip Herring; 13-10-12 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Didn't want to get banned.