View Single Post
Old 17-04-21, 10:01 AM

When I originally replied to you I was simply thinking of the way I always used to collect cap badges and notwithstanding the price, I just would never be happy with a badge like that you described.
I remember one of the first examples that I bought, from a then, very well known dealer (who really should have known better) at Stockport Town Hall, back in the days when fairs really were quite spectacular, for seven and a half quid, very happy times.
The point is simply that another example will turn up, they are not rare, although, more people do seem to collect these days, but, you will get one in due course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampshiregunner View Post
Great response. Thank you all. I was thinking I’d attach photos of the badge but I can’t see how it’s done on this forum (whatever happened to clear, simple, easy to grasp instructions?)
However I proceed I’ll have to remove the botch job on the back. The seller is asking for £140 or make an offer. Luke H has mentioned that repairs of the sort necessary should reduce the cost by 50%. I might try.
I guess the simple approach will be, as suggested by Frank Kelley, to wait until another example pops up . . . there are plenty of others that need (Glengarry, Yeomanry, Volunteers) that’ll keep me interested.
Thanks again for all the advice.