View Single Post
Old 16-02-21, 05:33 PM

I could spend a lot of time explaining and offering comparisons and other points on manufacture however having done that recently in a Lambourne thread and bashed my head off the wall it’s ultimately pointless and not an experience I care to repeat wasting my time when there’s enough relevant information out there if ultimately the only proof that will satisfy you is a photo.

I wasn’t proposing the badge is made by Lambourne or Tiptaft. The latter made very good quality badges so it certainly isn’t then and the former as you know had a bespoke die which you have an example of and also very unique feathers. There were a great many manufacturer in WW1 as inspection of Board of Trade Labour Gazette 1914-19 shows.

None of the pictures you show of Leinsters show a 1916 all GM badge being worn yet you show an example as part of your argument? There are many cases of badges sealed not being issued or worn. So does it exist? No photo yet... Cue twilight zone music.

If these were knocked out in the 1970s then Hugh King and Gaylor would have bought them brand new. I give both more credit than that.