View Single Post
Old 07-04-10, 12:11 PM

Default J. R. Gaunt Marks

Hi Griff

There’s certainly something for starters in what has been posted up, but I think we have quite a way to go in determining exactly when particular Gaunt marks were used. Having said that, Alan (AlanO) has helped me in this past with regard to this specific issue, and he might well be able to offer at least a rough chronology as to which marks were used and when. I expect he too will post a reply to this thread in due course. Obviously the section on J. R. Gaunt in the Makers’ Marks pages contains a good variety of Gaunt marks, including the spurious one! Hopefully if you come to any conclusions about things yourself you’ll be sure to share it with the rest of us, for as Juilan has said quite a few of us are keen to know more about Gaunts, their history and the use of their marks.

Best regards

Martin

“Scutelliphiliacus in vestri insignia pergaudete”

Last edited by 'Ticker' Riley; 07-04-10 at 12:53 PM.