View Single Post
Old 16-06-09, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O View Post
That is not conclusive I am afraid. There were lots of regts who were still wearing k/c badges in the late 50s even though the Offrs were wearing q/c badges and q/c insignia was in wider use.

Alan

Absolutely Alan and I have no problem with the the British Army issue of badges on a maintenance basis. I have a lot of documents stating this from the A/A era insisting this practice. What I need to know is were there any QC badges officially manufactured (not even interested if they were worn or not) as if there were then this would probably negate the manufacture of KC A/A badges as the continuation of WM badges between crown types had continued bypassing the use of aluminium.

Also, with the end of active service of the Glider Pilot Regiment on the 1st November 1957 and the gearing up of the Army Air Corp then there probably would have been no manufacture of A/A QC badges either if WM items had been previously been made as stocks of WM would have been manufactured with at least a future issue in mind i.e. held in stores ready for issue for a year or so.

Regards

Chris