View Single Post
Old 15-04-13, 12:15 AM

"Okay, so it may be genuine, but so what? It had a history, it had a significance and no one bothered to record it. Now it is just another 'thing' in a riker mount... "

I often look at my badges and wonder who wore them. I console myself with the thought that it belonged to somebody who gave something for us. Maybe thats vague and sentimental but..........its the best I can do. I think its a terrible shame that the origins of all the items at a militaria fair were not recorded in the past.

My step father says that badges shouldn't have prices put on them and should only be held by museums with provenence when they are donated by families. He reckons we shouldn't collect badges privately as we did not earn the badges. I disagree with him, for a couple of reasons, one of them being that a museum doesn't earn the badges either plus , just because I don't know the original wearer, I can still use their badge as a reason to learn about his regiment.

I hope that this reads how I meant it to

Phil