Thread: Pagri badges
View Single Post
Old 07-08-11, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR View Post
....Finally, there are the usual regimental quirks - for example, lots of old photographs show that the KLR wore what looks like a cap badge on the front of their helmets above the pagri ! (long shanks would be irrelevant here but I wonder if they had long lugs ??!!)
Julian
I shall resurrect this thread as I have been battling without much success lately to make sense of the badges and insignia worn in the F.S.H. Not so much those officially sealed for the FSH but those actually worn as Regiments do seem to have been able to excercise some freedom in what they wore in this headdress.

Regarding fusilier grenades I too have been wondering if those grenades with long loops might have been for with the FSH and may not be the sure sign of restrikes that I have been lead to believe in the past.

Thus I would be interested in any opinions, photos or references of Fusilier regements wearing glengarry pattern grenades in the FSH and especially any evidence that these badges with long loops might have been worn in this helmet.

John