View Single Post
Old 16-02-21, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiguy View Post
Why would he have worn a S. Staffs badge and not a RAMC badge?
Mark
Hello Mark, & THANKS for your comment. You know what, that is a very good question ? I had initially thought about that, but due to his actual Military Cross citation, I just naturally focused on them, the 7th South Staff's. However, even though the 7th So. Staff's are the unit noted on the relevant U.K. War Department List announcing his M.C., he actually spent a great deal more time attached to other British units. ( RE: U.K. 'War Office List No. 40', Dated 18 July 1919 ) In addition to the U.S Army's Medical Reserve Corps, he also served with the British 33rd Field Ambulance Company, along with an Orthopedic Hospital in the U.K. Perhaps the 33rd Field Ambulance would be more appropriate ? Although I've been quite fortunate in researching him, I still haven't managed to document his total service dates when attached to any of the British units he served with. However, the hunt goes on as they say, right.

And just for the record, if anyone is interested enough to read about this interesting American Physician, feel free to look over my Post on the U.K. based GMIC Forum at; https://gmic.co.uk/topic/77429-pleas...corps-officer/

OK Gents, that's it for the moment. As always, anybody& all replies, comments, & input are very much appreciated. THANKS

Best, dpast32